Friday, November 5, 2010

The Sixth Sense

When I first heard of the technology Sixth Sense from my teacher, I wasn't sure of what to expect. As of right now, our topic for this month in our Information Processing class is Personal Technologies that will change the Future. As my peers and I watched the video of Ted Talks, I learned that it is a very updated type of technology. I have to say that cell phones have come a long way. With this technology, all you do is use the touch of your finger to do just about anything, using a surface; and your hand, if needed.

There's a lot you can expect from seeing the video, though some of the things shown were just for laughs; such as, instead of having to read the newspaper, you can just watch the video on the newspaper from your cell phone. The new technologies that are being invented nowadays are much more updated than I ever thought could be created. To be able to use just your fingers to do anything, from calling, to say, painting a picture is extraordinary.




There's always going to be something new to invent, or create to update what is out there already. New, fascinating inventions are made up everyday and are released shortly after, usually sold in China first. I can see that in about one hundred years, our world is going to most likely be virtual, and almost fake-looking.

That is, if we don't all die in 2012.




No comments:

Post a Comment